Advice on downsizing my DOS era PC collection in Germany

English speaking visitors may post here. (No registration reqd.)
Antworten
bill125
Windows 3.11-Benutzer

Advice on downsizing my DOS era PC collection in Germany

Beitrag von bill125 »

I'm not a regular poster here, but I do run a YouTube channel on DOS era PCs (called PCRetroTech).

I recently made a video on downsizing my collection due to a move to the UK, and my viewers think I should ask for advice on German PC forums. This is actually the only one I'm aware of for vintage stuff in that era....

Has anyone had the experience of having to downsize quickly and gained some insight into how best to deal with this? The amount of time I have to deal with the problem is just weeks and there's the usual thing of having to renovate my apartment before I go. Time is actually the biggest issue.

If anyone has any ideas, don't hesitate to contact me (the video explains how).

Anyhow, here is the video, in which I actually show the machines, which is hopefully of independent interest to people posting here:

https://youtu.be/q5zirMOVJA4

I guess the problem I'm having is not so uncommon.

Will from PCRetroTech
ChrisR3tro
Administrator
Re: Advice on downsizing my DOS era PC collection in Germany

Beitrag von ChrisR3tro »

Hi Will & welcome to our little forum!

First of all I'll let you know that I am a regular viewer of your channel, but I didn't make the connection from your username to PCRetroTech until today. I especially like it when you cover the more obscure hardware and deep-dive into old graphics modes, since I am a software dev myself. :)

Regarding your inquiry, we have a sub-forum where our members can trade and exchange stuff. You might be able to sell some stuff there.

We are mostly a german community, but english is well-understood by most our members and it is ok to post in english if german is a problem.

Regards,
ChrisR3tro
Für mehr Retro-Kram schaut gerne mal auf X vorbei unter @ChrisR3tro.
bill125
Windows 3.11-Benutzer

Beitrag von bill125 »

Thanks for the welcome!

I'll wait until the second video is up and if there are still items remaining I'll try listing them here.

Thanks for your help!

Will from PCRetroTech
ChrisR3tro
Administrator

Beitrag von ChrisR3tro »

Sounds reasonable. Looking forward to the video!
Antworten