GUS PnP kompatible Soundkarte - Neuauflage

Auswahl, Einrichtung und Betrieb von Rechnern und Komponenten
S+M
DOS-Übermensch

Re: GUS PnP kompatible Soundkarte - Neuauflage

Beitrag von S+M »

Qualität geht hier in meinen Augen über Quantität, soll heißen: Lass dir Zeit ;-)
Shockwav3
DOS-Übermensch

Beitrag von Shockwav3 »

1024K*16 DRAMs gehen jetzt auch (bis zu 4MB RAM onboard): https://i.imgur.com/fa5HrvG.jpg
Ebenso sind noch ein paar Pullups für'n !BKSEL* dazu gekommen (stabilerer Betrieb wenn beide RAM Optionen bestückt sind): https://i.imgur.com/JbQuaGW.jpg

Der Prototyp sieht jetzt wie ein richtiger Prototyp aus :) Ins Layout hab ich die Pullups schon eingepflegt, wegen den größeren RAMs muss ich nochmal ran.
Ansonsten, hier der Hinweis den Thread auf VOGONS zu verfolgen. Schaltplan wollte ich hier zuletzt hochladen, ging aber nicht, weil die Erweiterungen .pdf und .zip nicht akzeptiert werden, ebenso finden dort immer mal wieder Diskussionen statt zu denen ihr herzlich eingeladen seid und ich keinen Bock hab hier immer mal wieder Zusammenfassungen zu posten ;)
Hauptsystem: Asus VL/I-486SV2GX4, DX2 @ 66MHz, 1MB L2 Cache, 64MB RAM, 1GB CF HDD, Cirrus Logic 5428 VLB, ARGUS Prototype Rev. 02 #0, umschaltbarer Covox/DSS-DAC, 2x LPT, DOS 6.22 + Win 3.11
Shockwav3
DOS-Übermensch

Beitrag von Shockwav3 »

Crosspost aus dem VOGONS Forum:

I think I'm done with the layout.

Anyone who would be interested in taking part of the open prototype run, feel free to give me a ring via PM. Price for a board + presoldered InterWave will be anywhere between 90€ (small run, full features like hardgold and chamfering/beveling for the connector, blue silkscreen) or 20€ (larger run, reduced features). Your PM will not be a final order, but an indication of your interest. I plan to have the boards produced before the end of the month.
General conditions of the prototype run here: viewtopic.php?f=62&t=42431&start=1300#p623263
Bill of materials and placement map will follow within the next few days.
Hauptsystem: Asus VL/I-486SV2GX4, DX2 @ 66MHz, 1MB L2 Cache, 64MB RAM, 1GB CF HDD, Cirrus Logic 5428 VLB, ARGUS Prototype Rev. 02 #0, umschaltbarer Covox/DSS-DAC, 2x LPT, DOS 6.22 + Win 3.11
Shockwav3
DOS-Übermensch

Beitrag von Shockwav3 »

Ich hab bislang 2 Anfragen bzgl. nem Prototypen ... besteht hier kein Interesse?
rique
DOS-Übermensch

Beitrag von rique »

Vn meiner Seite aus nicht, ich warte bis Juni 2018.
Shockwav3
DOS-Übermensch

Beitrag von Shockwav3 »

Überträge aus VOGONS:

Diverse Zwischenschritte vom Layout (frühes Reverse Engineering bis Prototyp #2): https://i.imgur.com/UGK7XyQ.gif
Entwicklungen die ich bislang an Platinen gemacht hab: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TycJqXbQ2eo

Dokumentation für Prototyp #2:
http://www.vogons.org/download/file.php?id=40262

Aktuelle Version von IWDUMP von wbcbz7 mit Quelltext:
http://www.vogons.org/download/file.php?id=40263
Shockwav3
DOS-Übermensch

Beitrag von Shockwav3 »

Prototypen-Bestellung is jetzt offen:

Crosspost aus dem VOGONS Forum:
Currently I'm at 10 people interested (including me), that would result in a price of 42€ per Prototype (green soldermask, silkscreen, chamfered edge connector, chemical tin surface) + shipping.
It might be possible to reduce the price by 20% by going with a random draw for the surface (which means in the worst case we could end up with leadfree HAL finish, which would suck for the InterWave and edge connectors, in the best case we'd get a 'free' ENIG finish [which usually costs 49€ + 10%]) and not having the boards chamfered (which might lead to squeezed pins inside ISA connectors, which has already happened to me with the other protoypes). I think above specs are a good in-between regarding price and overall quality for a prototype.
So whoever is interested can PM me, declaring binding interest. Please include your country or full adress where I'll have to sent the card. You'll get a full quote + my PayPal adress (or IBAN if you're in Europe) to pay then.

Current timetable would be collecting money til the 3rd of december (if you didn't pay by then, you'll be dropped from the order - but might have a slight chance to still get a prototype by means of taking overproduced cards [if any]) and then order the boards (which have an ordertime of 12 workdays). Meaning cards should be shipping around the 15th, so you might get it before the turn of the year hopefully.

As mentioned previously multiple times (but still seems some people haven't realized): This run is only open for people who previously donated or contributed to the project.
'Rules' for the prototype run are easy - you get a card and give feedback (be picky, be creative, test weird stuff) - reward is the prototype being an additional card to your overall 'credit' of 3 cards. If you got a prototype and failed to give adequate feedback, the card will count as 1 from your credit for the production run. Feedback can be given on pretty much everything related to the prototype, including hardware, found bugs, grammar errors in the documentation, confusing documentation, etc. - as said, be picky, be creative. I reserve the right to deny any low effort feedback as in "card works" or "great project". There's no need to write a full TPS report (you did not get the memo!) but writing a short summary spanning a few sentences or more in 6 months shouldn't be too much of a hassle. Knowing some of you have family or time consuming jobs and that fate might strike at any point, you'll be asked what went wrong in case you failed to even get around to fully assembling the card before having your credit reduced.
Excluded from this are people who previously contributed to the project.

Whoever orders a Prototype will get an angled SIMM connector included for free.
S+M
DOS-Übermensch

Beitrag von S+M »

Danke für die schöne Dokumentation :-)
Kurt Steiner
DOS-Guru

Beitrag von Kurt Steiner »

...in der Ruhe liegt die Kraft und lieber 6 Monate länger gewartet und was ganz tolles bekommen !

Vorfreude ist sie schönste Freude !!!

Danke für das Projekt !

Kurt
Shockwav3
DOS-Übermensch

Beitrag von Shockwav3 »

Meine Sommerpause ist vorbei :)
https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... 61#p700551

Ich denk mal dieses Jahr dürfte es mit Weihnachten passen.
Dosenware
DOS-Gott

Beitrag von Dosenware »

klingt gut... eine GUS unterm Weihnachtsbaum... :like:
S+M
DOS-Übermensch

Beitrag von S+M »

Cool :like:
Liest sich interessant im Vogons Thread.
Kurt Steiner
DOS-Guru

Beitrag von Kurt Steiner »

Hmm das wird ein schönes Weihnachtsgeschenk !!! Bin sehr gespannt !

Kurt
FGB
DOS-Übermensch

Beitrag von FGB »

Gibt es schon ein Update?
Ich hatte seinerzeit einen oder zwei GUS-PnP-Clones und ein DELL-Komplettsystem zum Testen gespendet und würde gern zwei Karten des GUS-Clones erhalten (natürlich gegen angemessene Zuzahlung)...
Meine Sammlung zeige ich in meiner Hardware Gallery: AmoRetro.de.
Apollonios
CONFIG.SYS-Autor

Beitrag von Apollonios »

wow das wäre mega cool! Würde auch eine Kaufen! :-)
Antworten