Ist leider nur auf Englisch aber vielleicht hilft es dem einen oder anderen!
Here it is:http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL20C65EBEFE6CB109
Just finished uploading 13 videos (many contain several short videos) and I put them all in a playlist.
I'm a big fan of GOG.com and DOSBox. However many games come pre-set with non-optimal settings and this is what this tutorial is for.
It explains the ins-and outs of DOSBox, explaining all the main settings and comes with plenty of video and sound footage as examples.
The main topics:
- How to install a Game from GOG.com
- How to run a Game that you have installed
- Where to look for help and support if a game doesn't run
- (Not) using the Graphics Mode Setup Utility
- Finding the DOSBox config file for each game
- Tweaking the graphics settings so that the game fills the max. area of the screen AND has the correct aspect ratio
- Detailed explanation of the opengl, openglnb and ddraw output modes
- Tweaking the sample rates for optimal audio
- Accessing the SETUP or INSTALL programs of many games in order to change the default Sound Card
- Running games in Tandy or PCJr mode for 3 Voice sound
- Tweaking the speed settings of DOSBox to slow-down or speed-up games
- An overview of Roland MIDI Sound Modules
- Connecting a MT-32 or Sound Canvas using a USB MIDI cable
- Configuring DOSBox to use the USB MIDI cable
- Workaround for missing INSTALL.EXE for Sierra games
- Configuring the Windows mixer in order to use Roland MIDI modules
- Installing BASSMIDI driver and loading sountfonts for better General MIDI music
The videos are quite raw / on-the-fly but I hope the information comes across. I hope it is helpful and avoids someone getting frustrated or giving up on GOG.com or DOSBox.
I know GOG.com games aren't perfect but I am just happy that we are able to purchase these classics legally and with minimal fuss.
Let me know what you think and post some comments!